Monday, August 20, 2012

Conservative Musings: Times Two!

Since I'm currently cooking up another article, but want to avoid going too long before I make another post, I figured I would instead post a couple of articles I read today. In so doing, I will also introduce you, the reader, to a couple more conservative columnists.

The first is by Walter E. Williams. An economics professor, Williams brings a very insightful view of the world, particularly on issues involving race. Often, his observations go to the very heart of problems in that area and are always worth a read.

This (or last, rather) week's article deals with an executive order issued by the president intended to improve education for black children. Articles dealing with the deficiencies of education in this country always remind me that the left fails to understand the reason for these problems. They always seem to think that not enough money is being spent or certain students are treated “unfairly” or that academic standards are too high or what have you. Ultimately, it all assumes that the problems can always be fixed by external, governmental influence. In this article, Williams deals with the heart of the issue.

You can read that article here: Obama'sEducational Excellence Initiative.



On a lighter note, we have an article written by Derek Hunter. I don't read him nearly as much as I do some other pundits and columnists, but normally when I do, he has a solid point. In his article from this week, he addresses Vice President Joe Biden and his recent (and not so recent) gaffes. Some of these I didn't even know about until today.

That's not to say that not every politician makes silly mistakes; they all do.  George W. Bush was continuously mocked for his penchant to be a bit of a goof, but rarely, if ever, did he do anything like Biden's “Indian accent” comment or lie about law school. This is a man who has no impulse control and is next in line to become president of the United States.

Yeah.

Ya'll.
And before you get yourself all worked up about Biden's “put ya'll back in chains” remark, keep in mind, I don't think it was some pre-planned comment to evoke images of racism and slavery. What I do think is that Joe Biden, in his head, thought, “Hey, we're doing this whole unchaining the banks thing, maybe I can make some sort chaining of the American people metaphor. And hey, the crowd is full of black people!  If anyone will understand, it's them!”

You never know.

Read the article here: Our Idiot Vice President.

No comments:

Post a Comment