Sunday, September 30, 2012

Conservative Musings: Sowell

Well, I wanted to write the third part to "On Choosing Life" today (well, yesterday), but after the somewhat hectic and nerve-grating news week, I just couldn't bring myself to write on anything heavy.  So instead I'll rely on other conservatives (well, conservative) to cap off the week.  Well, I guess it's more starting off the new one.

You know what, let's just get to it.

This week, I read a rather incredible series of columns by my favorite conservative writer, Thomas Sowell.  I could spend ages gushing over his writing, how it constantly brings up truths that few seem to know or are willing to bring up.  I could rant about his brilliance and his ability to get to the core of the topics he talks about.  I could even talk about how he sometimes just writes about baseball.  In the end, they would all reach the same conclusion: if there is any one conservative columnist you should read, it is Thomas Sowell.

This week, he wrote a series of articles titled "Obama Versus Obama."  It's a fascinating look at the rhetoric of Senator Obama back when he ran in 2008 (which is important, because he did not have a particularly substantial record then) and the actions of President Obama (who does have a record).  He also points out that anyone who was willing to see Obama's past and his writings could have forseen what we have witnessed in his presidency.

However, I'm prattling when you should be reading the observations of a great mind.

You can read Obama Versus Obama here.

Obama Versus Obama, Pt. II

Obama Versus Obama, Pt. III

Obama Versus Obama, Pt. IV

That's it for the week...no, wait, it's Sun...

Forget it, just read!

No comments:

Post a Comment