Saturday, September 08, 2012

On Trivializing Race

I promise hope and change...just like four years ago.
Well, the conventions are over and the election season now begins in earnest.

I decided to listen to President Obama's acceptance speech last night and, much to my surprise, was not tempted to throw something at the TV. Not that I do otherwise. I normally just yell at the screen in frustration. Then again, since I'm a conservative and hate all that is good in the world, I murder a puppy to vent my rage. All in a day's work.

Sadly, I didn't see the Barack Obama of 2004 or 2008 on my screen. The one who inspired hope in people (which I was immune to) was absent. All I saw was a whiny and petulant man, frustrated with his failures and, in his anger, lashing out at others for them.

As I listened to the speech, I wondered: do we really want another four years of this guy's administration?

After four years, all I see is a country that is underemployed (myself included) and stagnant. It is a country that is increasingly dependent, not on itself, but on the food stamp and welfare benefits encouraged under this administration. The anemic growth of the economy prevents people from strengthening on their own and, even worse, keeps them mired where they are.

I see an administration that could care less about the limits placed on it by the Constitution. I've seen the Justice Department, created to enforce the laws of the land, ignore its obligation to enforce laws it doesn't like, such as the Defense of Marriage Act. I see a president who, by executive decree, declares that certain illegal immigrants should not be deported based on unverifiable claims.  I see a man who believes himself to be king, fighting proxy wars with the Central Intelligence Agency, deploying soldiers without our knowledge and keep a “kill list,” far beyond any power the Constitution has vested in his office.

I see a man who drags the specter of Chicago corruption with him. He has attempted to bully and shame the Supreme Court time and again, despite it being a separate and equal branch of the government. Most recently, in his own convention, nearly half of the delegates in his party were railroaded in a fixed “vote” over the presence of God and Jerusalem in the platform. 

Do I find the “no” votes to be scary? Yes. Do I think they deserved better treatment? Yes.

In the end, I believe that President Barack Obama is far more interested in improving his golf game than leading our country.

Now, you're probably saying, “Wait a minute, this post is supposed to be about race, isn't it? It's in the title and everything! And what's with all of this underlining business?”

You see, I've decided to write this post in code. All of those underlined words don't have the meaning you think they mean. They are actually all racially tinged “code words;” dog whistles, as it were. I use these words to trigger the inherent, unchanging racist sentiments of white people, who only see color in everything.

And now you're probably asking, “Are...are you stupid?” To which I answer, “Nope, but the liberal media is.”

I've had enough of the race-baiting this election and it's only just beginning. You see, there is such a thing as real racism. It is not, however, commonplace in America today. Yet, liberals and progressives want us, the American people, to believe it is and that it is just as prevalent and widespread as it was in the glory days of Jim Crow.

Uh...who are the racists again?
I find this despicable. Racism is a serious charge and not one to be leveled lightly. It implies that someone feels irrational hatred for another purely because of their ethnicity or the color of their skin. Hatred is a scary thing and the last thing we should be doing is ascribing it to people who do not feel it. Not only does it heinously insult the accused, but it also lessens the character of the accuser.

It also diminishes the impact and meaning of real racism. Racial hatred has a long and storied past. Outside of this country, it is a harsh reality. Just ask the Jews, the Kurds, or the Sudanese. How is it justified for anyone to charge it recklessly?

Then again, I suppose it's just a classic case of projection as I've seen time and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment